Asked 2 days ago
Viewed 46 times
I was following this tutorial on connecting an external LED to a Pico W, but I’ve had no luck getting it to work.
This is the code I’ve been using:
import machine from machine import Pin, Timer timer = Timer() led = Pin("LED", Pin.OUT) def blink(timer): led.toggle() timer.init(freq = 1, mode = Timer.PERIODIC, callback = blink)
Here’s a picture of what I have on the breadboard: [
I’ve tried swapping out the resistor, the LED, the jumpers, and trying all of the GPIO pins 7-15. Forgive the lousy soldering job, I’m quite new at this. My hunch is that the header pins aren’t quite on there right, but want to know if there’s something else I’m missing. Appreciate any help or ideas.
asked 2 days ago
1111 bronze badge
- 1“Forgive the lousy soldering job” this is the most likely cause of any problems. Resolder all the dry joints, check for shorts. WHY have you soldered a resistor to the Pico? – Milliways 2 days ago
- 1“LED” is NOT a pin. Try one of the standard beginner tutorials. This should have generated an error. – Milliways 2 days ago
- 1Using “LED” should flash the onboard led. Use a pin number instead of “LED” to specify your required pin. – CoderMike yesterday
- 1“LED” (with quotes) looks wrong. I’d expect the on-board LED to be named LED (without quotes). – joan yesterday
Reset to default Highest score (default) Date modified (newest first) Date created (oldest first)
(1) For Pico W, the pin number for on board Led is “WL_GPIO0”.
Yes, no longer number 25 for Pico.
(2) The following program blinks onboard LED. The correct statement to initialize the Led should be:
LED = Pin(“WL_GPIO0”, Pin.OUT)
(3) Full listing of the folly debugged program:
# Name - Rpi Pico W onboard LED v4.3 tlfong01 2022dec29hkt1502 # Function - Blink onboard LED # References - # (1) Blink onboard LED https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/getting-started-with-the-pico/5 # (2) Onboard LED pinout https://core-electronics.com.au/guides/raspberry-pi-pico/raspberry-pi-pico-w-overview-features-specs/ import machine from machine import Pin, Timer timer = Timer() LED = Pin("WL_GPIO0", Pin.OUT) def blink(timer): LED.toggle() timer.init(freq = 1, mode = Timer.PERIODIC, callback = blink)
answered 53 mins ago
4,43433 gold badges99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
12633 bronze badges