Viewed 56 times
Closed. This question is off-topic. It is not currently accepting answers.
Questions seeking recommendations for specific products or places to purchase them are off-topic as they are rarely useful to others and quickly obsolete. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you’re trying to solve.
Closed 21 hours ago.
It works like intended. But now I want to build the circuit by my own for my PCB. On the web I can only find bulky designs with huge MOSFETs etc.
Maybe some of you re-build that small thing already and could share it?
If not: maybe you have an idea which inductor is used though everything’s described except for this part.
Thank you in regard folks!
4566 bronze badges
- 1(1) Mist Maker Catalog – AliEx aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-ultrasonic-mist-maker.html (2) Mist Maker DIY Kit – AliEx, HK$12 fr.aliexpress.com/item/… – tlfong01 23 hours ago
- 1I already have that thing…. my question is the curcuit to integegrate the curcuit to my PCB without adding the board as it is by wires. – dessi 23 hours ago
- 1But I takes days to reproduce the US$2 toy. Or do you want to do mass production? – tlfong01 23 hours ago
- 1I just don’t know what inductor I need for 5VIN or how to find it out. The traces I can reproduce somehow. But the chip IC has no letters on it too so I don’t know if it’s just an N555 or something else… I’m not very safe with “just sticking everything together” so I just posted it here because I need help… – dessi 22 hours ago
- 2Define ”huge MOSFETs”. – winny 22 hours ago
- You might find this video helpful: (1) Ultrasonic Mist Maker Circuit Using Piezo Disc | Homemade Humidifier circuit – Tech Ideas 2022jan17, 28,961 views youtube.com/watch?v=M3MTcl10DwY 0:01 NE555 Timer IC 0:33 100nF Capacitor 1:11 220uF Inductor 4:45 12V DC – tlfong01 20 hours ago
- 2The size of the MOSFETs necessary to drive a load are probably very well-correlated with the power you want to put into the actuator. Have you taken the time to measure the electrical power flowing into the speaker with your pre-made circuit? I bet it’s relatively small compared to what marketing says about it. – Marcus Müller 19 hours ago
- The following very educational tutorial by GreatScott explains why using NE555 and not the huge power MOSFETs: Ultrasonic Mist Maker (Using MOSFET or NE555), DIY or Buy – GreatScott (1.68M subscribers) 2017oct22, 1,106,773 views youtube.com/watch?v=aKhPj7uFD0Y – tlfong01 16 hours ago
- So, GreatScott tells us that what we need basically is a 1.5MHz oscillator, perhaps using NE555. Of course we also need the piezo disc, with resonant frequency around 1.5MHz, Design Notes/Reference: Why does the 555 timer have a maximum frequency of 2MHz? – Asked 1 year, 3 months ago, Viewed 3k times electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/558445/… – tlfong01 1 hour ago
- I googled harder and found another hobbyist explaining why to use the inductor and how to not use the inductor, and not even the NE555, not to mention mosfet: Simplest Piezo Driver Circuit Explained – Swagatem 2022may12 homemade-circuits.com/simplest-piezo-driver-circuit-explained – tlfong01 2 mins ago Edit