Upwork homeClose main navigation
Python / Raspberry Pi Engineer
Firmware DevelopmentPosted 2 days agoWorldwideRaspberry Pi/Python Engineer
Our group is looking for an experienced Python / Raspberry Pi engineer for a 1-3 month project to assist with set up and improvement of an existing Python / Raspberry Pi implementation. Generally, this would include configuring an existing implementation, troubleshooting, improvement, and general maintenance. Previous Raspberry Pi embedded programming with Python and linux are prerequisites. As we are implementing a scientific application based on an existing specification, we would be able to provide clear guidelines and a positive engineering environment.
Raspberry Pi embedded programming with Python and linux
background process control like supervisor, cron, etc
You would be a great fit for this project for this project with a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and dedication to meet project deadlines in a timely manner.
If this project would be of interest, please reply with your prior experience.
- Less than 30 hrs/weekHourly
- 1-3 monthsDuration
- ExpertExperience Level
- Remote Job
- Project Type: Ongoing project
Skills and Expertise
Python Raspberry Pi Raspberry Pi Firmware Embedded Linux Arduino
Activity on this job
- Proposals: 20 to 50
- Last viewed by client: 3 hours ago
- Interviewing: 0
- Invites sent: 0
- Unanswered invites: 0
About the client
- United StatesNew York 4:41 am
- 1 job posted0% hire rate, 1 open job
- Member since Sep 28, 2021
Similar Jobs on Upwork
- Database / email handling – customer tracking system ( Python Flask ) I posted this project before, but the country where the previously selected programmer lives went into covid-related lockdown protocols and he’s been unable to work on it further. He was almost finished, so I tried waiting, but after being unable to work on it for three weeks, he suggested I get someone else and he provided what he’s done so far. He wrote: “You can hire someone familiar with Python Flask to complete it. Basically it’s missing few communication functions between the main modules. And a scheduler to clean database at 8AM.” and he said: “Brief overview of what is in zip file:” (that he provided) * RFID / QR code scanners work, as per our earlier testing * Added interface to the scanner, and plug in-plug off management * Works with postgresql, easy to initialize, you only need to create user named ‘root’ and psql and grant privileges, the rest db_connector.py does for you * Email verification and confirmation token – tested and works * Photo approval tested and works * File up-loader tested and works Basically, YOUR project is to just polish the edges and get everything finished up. The amount to be paid to finish this is a firm $200, but I’ll pay you $10 just to look through the zip file to make sure you’re comfortable finishing it up for that amount. (So, bid $200, first milestone will be $10 to look through the zip file compared to the spec, and let me know that you can finish it for the balance.) (For whatever it’s worth, he was doing the whole project for $350 and it’s nearly finished now, so $200 is on the generous side. I’m just ready to get it done.) Here’s the original project post: I’m creating a raspberry pi photo booth that customers can use in exchange for some information. ► This project is for coding the “in exchange for some information” portion. ◄ ► In other words, data entry / data manipulation. ◄ ( The coding for the photo booth portion is already complete. I did it myself. This job is focused on creating a customer database and getting the photos to the customers via email. ) IF YOU WISH FOR YOUR BID TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST INDICATE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE / THAT YOU ACTUALLY READ THE JOB POST. — GENERIC “LET’S TALK” PLACEHOLDER-TYPE BIDS WILL BE DENIED. I can write basic bash, php, etc, but I don’t have experience integrating the steps / connecting it to a database. As such, the attached spec is very clearly laid out in programmer-esque language and design. Attached you will find a “general flow (overview).jpg” attachment detailing the different raspberry pi’s and a shared hosting website dedicated to each task. You can see, two, that the photo booth portion is complete except it needs a .csv file from the account system. The detailed spec is attached a pdf. If you do not have an RFID reader / barcode reader, you can simulate it for your coding by quickly typing the info from a virtual keyboard. Both types of readers appear as keyboards to the system. (The readers just quickly type the info they scan.) Everything should use open source software. However, the final output may not be distributed by anyone other than me. You agree not to publish the work you do for this.
- Progamming It is related to python amd raspberrypi. The code will be given with the output we have to create functions to support the code amd obtain the output.
- Tutor to show basic programming in Python Me and some friends want to learn coding in Python and are looking for someone to do hourly sessions with us. Since we are beginners we would like for some one initially to show us how to complete basic projects like for e.g how to create: *an Interactive Quiz, *an alarm clock *a Contact Book If you have any good suggestions for simpler projects that you teach out you are welcome to let me know. Collaboration would take place through tools like Microsoft Teams/Discord. Since this is a test trial for a potential business idea we are looking for a potential long term partner who is honest and easy to communicate with and understands customer serivce. If you have any question please let me know. Regards Gustavo
- Kids Teacher / Author for course – Real World Programming with Python (Grade 10 onwards) We are a leading Edutech co