2021 Moderator Election
On Stack Exchange, we believe the core moderators should come from the community, and be elected by the community itself through popular vote. We hold regular elections to determine who these community moderators will be.
Community moderators are accorded the highest level of privilege on our community, and should themselves be exemplars of positive behavior and leaders within the community.
Our general criteria for moderators is as follows:
- patient and fair
- leads by example
- shows respect for their fellow community members in their actions and words
- open to some light but firm moderation to keep the community on track and resolve (hopefully) uncommon disputes and exceptions
Every election has three phases:
Please participate in the moderator elections by voting, and perhaps even by nominating yourself to be a community moderator!—
- Election chat room – discuss the election, candidates, etc.
- For questions about the election process itself, visit Meta.
- The candidates answer your questions
Nominations close in 7 days.
This election is currently in the nomination phase. Nominations close in 7 days.
Would you like to nominate yourself as a candidate in this election?
You must be 18 years old or older to become a moderator.