(1) [AliExpress 3DR 500MW Radio Telemetry 433Mhz 915Mhz Air and Ground Data Transmission Module for APM Pixhawk Flight Control FPV – US$25]
(2) [3DR Radio V2 Quick Start Guide – 3D Robotics]
(3) [Mission Planner Documentation – Ardupilot]
(4) [Mission Planner Commands (MAVLink protocol) – Ardupilot]
(5) [APM 2.8 Flight Controller with Built-in Compass Arduino Compatible]
(6) [Pixhawk PX4 AutoPilot 2.4.7 32-bit ARM Flight Controller with 4G SD Card – US$90]
(7) [PX4 Autopilot User Guide -Master]
(8) [Terminal Mode Mission Planner]
(9) [Rpi UART to GPS Module Connection Problem (with Serial Loopback and Repeat Send Byte Python Program)]
(10) [Rpi3 to Arduino Serial UART Communication Tutorial]
(11) [Rpi3 LIRC Library and UART IR Transceiver Setup Problem]
I am trying to set up the FPV telemetry radios (Air and Ground Module 433MHz).
- I have connected the Ground module to my laptop (USB) and air module to Raspberry Pi 4 UART pins.
- Using Mission planner I was able to configure the settings of the radios. I can confirm the connection by the green solid led light on both the modules.
- I use the mission planner
terminalto send the data from ground
module to air module and test the connection.When I send some command (e.g, help), I can see red led light blinking on both air and ground module indicating data is received.
Now, I need to capture the data sent by the ground module and display it on
raspberry pi terminal. However, I am unable to achieve this activity. I have searched a lot on this task but could find nothing. It would be really helpful if someone could help me in this regard with any relevant websites/codes available, or steps to solve the issue.
I have experience with TeraTerm, AT commands for testing BlueTooth module. Perhaps I can use Win TeraTerm or Rpi puTTY to talk to the FPV air module.
/ to continue, …
tlfong01’s edit suggestion to the OP’s answer.
(1) I am going to use (a) Win10 TeraTerm, or (b) Rpi puTTY/miniTerm to try to talk to the 3DR FPV air radio module.
(2) I will first use Mission Planner to config the air module’s serial UART protocol: 9,600 baud 8N1 etc.
(3) I will then connect (a) Win10 UART/TTL serial cable, or (b) Rpi UART/TTL serial adapter cable to the air module. and hopefully start talking.
(4) / to continue, …
Appendix A – Mission Planner Servo Command – MAV_CMD_DO_REPEAT_SERVO
Cycle a servo PWM output pin between its mid-position value and a specified PWM value, for a given number of cycles and with a set period.